If you didn’t know i’m trying to be healthy. And if you also didn’t know i’m forever craving chinese food. So I decided to make a healthy version using courgetti instead….. aka an excuse to use my spiraliser 🙂
Dead easy to make, basically a pretentious stir fry but satisfied me enough to close down just eat and spare my bank account a tenner. yay
This is one of those recipes where you can add practically any veg into it you might fancy in a stir fry so just swing with it, go crazy.
- 2 courgettes spiralised ( or shop bought pre-made courgetti from the shops
- 2 tsp sesame oil (or vegetable oil if you have none)
- handful of kale chopped up
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- A singular lonely carrot cut into matchsticks
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 2 cm ginger grated ( makes about a tbsp)
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- Half a lime
For the sauce
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp ketchap manis (99p from tesco, bascially a sweet soy sauce, just use soy sauce if you cant get it kiddas)
- splash of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornsflour
To make the sauce
- In a bowl mix together the vegetable stock, ketchap manis, splash of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, half the juice of a lime corn flour and a splash of water (1-2 tbsp).
- Leave to the side until ready to add to the vegetables.
To make the vegetables
- Add the sesame oil to the pan and add the kale, mushrooms, carrots and cook until beginning to soften.
- Add the ginger and garlic and spring onion to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Spiralise your courgettes! try and have as much fun as me plzzz
- In the empty pan add the sauce ingredients and cook on medium- high heat for 1-2 mins until it begins to bubble, thicken and darken.
- Add courgetti to the pan with the sauce ingredients and cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir the Veg back into the pan and heat through for a couple of mins
- Serve with a sprinkling of cheeky cashews and half a lime to squeeze as ya please!
- Serve with quorn or tofu if you want!