12 hour shifts make me hungrehhhhh. And this time I craved Chinese food.
I bought these fancy ass mushrooms the other day that look like they have the capabilities of making me hallucinate (hope so). So what better way to use them than Chinese food mmmmmm
This was so easy to make and probably the most tastiest Chinesey thing I’ve ever made.
Non-pretentious mushrooms will work just fine too……
- 250g of mixed mushrooms (or just use whatever you can get)
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2cm chunk of ginger
- 2 pak choi halved
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 spring onions sliced
- Red chilli and lime to serve (optional)
- Heat tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes until starting to soften and turn golden then set aside.
- Heat another tbsp of oil in the empty pan and add the onion and stir fry for 2 mins, then add the ginger and garlic to the pan and fry for about 30 secs.
- Throw the pak choi into the pan with a splash of water and cook for 3 mins until they are soft when you stab them with a knife.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan with the soy sauce, vinegar and spring onions and cook for a further 2 mins.
- thats it !
- I served mine with cooked wholewheat noodles with hoisin stirred through and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a wedge of lime (but rice will do too)