So it’s Halloween!!!! And every year since the age of 3 I’ve probably carved a pumpkin, and I will never ever ever stop doing so, you can’t make me!
But now I’m older and love the environment ✌🏻️ When I have anything food related in my vicinity I like to make the most of it! 🌏✌🏻️☮️
Therefore after murdering my pumpkin and scraping out it’s insides, I decided to recycle its guts….the seeds, and make a tasty snack. I’m a top snacker dont’cha know.
Anyways I made three flavours, Spanish, Italian and Indian, because those who know me know I’m indecisive 😉
- pumpkin seeds (durrrrhhh)
- Olive oil
- Spanish- smoked paprika
- Italian- Parmesan style grated cheese & dried mixed herbs
- Indian- garam masala
- Firstly rinse all the pumpkin seeds in a sieve with water and shake as much water off as you can.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds onto a grease proof paper covered baking sheet and place in a preheated oven of 150 degrees for 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and toss with salt and olive oil.
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Divide the seeds into 3 bowls (or less if your flavour tastes are less picky than mine! )
- Now to get tasty…
- Stir in approx half a teaspoon of smoked paprika. Adding shaved almonds really ups the game too.
- Stir in half a teaspoon of grated hard cheese and half a teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Stir in approx half a teaspoon of garam masala and some sultanas if you’re feeling extra weird.
And as I’m feeling thrifty I even made some roast pumpkin chunks too. Whooooooo. Simply cut into chunks and roasted in oil and salt at 180 for 30 mins 🙂
The End 🙂