- 250g- 300g of potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 – 1 red chilli depending on how hot you like it, finely chopped
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200g aka a mountain of spinach chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 25ml of water
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for frying
- Chop up them potatoes! as we all know, size doesnt matter that much , so do them how you like, I prefer them on the medium size of life but if you prefer a smaller mouthful chop them into smaller cubes, simple
- Add the oil, potatoes and cumin to the pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring, until potatoes turn golden.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook until the onion starts to soften (about 2 mins) add the ground coriander and turmeric and cook for another 2 mins
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 10 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the spinach, water and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve in fancy indian bowls youve had in your cupbaord for 4 years and never used 😉 ……normal bowls work well too though haha