- Half a butternut squash, chopped
- 250g red lentils
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1-2tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 a chilli (optional)
- 1000ml vegetable stock (usually about 2-3 stock cubes)
- Oil for frying
- Dribble some oil (any you like I ain’t fussy) into the pan and add the finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger and cook on a low-medium heat until the mixture softens up. If using fresh chilli add this in this step as well, however I’m a wimp so we stuck to the medium curry powder for this one 🙂
- Add all the spices to the mixture and fry for 2 mins
- Add the stock and butternut squash chunks to the pan, simmer for approx 5-10 mins until the butternut squash is soft.
- Add the lentils to the pan, simmering for approx 10-15 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes until the spinach and lentil mix become one big tasty pile of mushyness (appetising 😉 )
- Season with salt if needed!
- Serve with the chapattis mmmmmmmmmmm